If you believe a user has uploaded content that infringes upon your copyright, you can lodge a copyright complaint.
This is a summary of the BowerBird complaint process.
- Copyright complaint made (see requirements below).
- BowerKit suspended.
- BowerKit owner notified of the complaint.
- BowerKit owner may respond to complaint (see below).
What Happens If I Receive a Copyright Complaint?
Your BowerKit will be suspended. It will no longer be visible on Discover and downloads will not be possible. You can respond in the following ways:
- Remove the content in question and then notify BowerBird support.
- Resolve the dispute with the person making the complaint. BowerBird is not involved in this step and it is a separate matter between the two parties. If a resolution is found, the person making the complaint must notify BowerBird and the BowerKit suspension may be removed. BowerBird can in no way make a judgement on the legitimacy of the copyright complaint, or licence agreement.
How do I make a copyright complaint?
Contact BowerBird support and provide the following information.
- Identify the BowerKit containing the content in question. (Provide a link to the BowerKit or provide its name).
- A statement that you have a good-faith belief that the use of the material in the manner asserted is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under potential penalty of perjury, that you are authorised to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
- Your contact information
Filing a Copyright Notice is Serious Business
Please think twice before submitting a copyright complaint, especially if you are unsure whether you are the actual rights holder or authorised to act on a rights holder’s behalf. There may be legal and financial consequences in your country for fraudulent and/or bad-faith submissions.