Here's the scenario. You're excited to upgrade to a paid BowerBird account, you enter your credit card details and then.... it says declined! What going on? Well banks have all sorts of reasons for not approving a new charge, and often it has nothing to do with you. Here's a few reasons why it happens:
- Lack of funds or funds on hold.
- Over credit limit or missed payments.
- Fraud prevention (international purchases).
- Transaction that differs from spending habit.
- The card is reported lost or stolen.
- Your daily limited has been exceeded.
- Separate technical issues involving the bank or the credit card company.
Here's a few solutions for declined cards.
- Try a different card.
- Contact your bank and find out why the charge is being declined.
- Wait a couple days and try again.
- Contact the BowerBird team and see if other payment methods are available in your country.