There are different types of photography licenses. You should always check with your photographer before uploading their images to BowerBird or any other site.

If your photographs are only licensed for web publications or your photographer requires payment/ permission before publishing, you can create a BowerKit of the project and keep Access Control turned ON. This will allow you to:

  • Select the kind of publications that can download your content (eg. web publications only)

  • Message a journalist to talk about image usage before publishing

  • Talk to your photographer whenever a journalist is interested in publishing

If you don't know what your photographer's license allows, you should ask them, and keep Access Control turned ON in the meantime.

Did this answer your question?